Monday 12 March 2018

When The Boys Are Away . . .

Yesterday, Sunday, it was Mother's Day here in the UK.  However, hubby plans were to go to see his pals to watch the Old Firm game and teenage son was going away to Largs with his pals.  It was just going to be me and the dog at home!  When I mentioned this fact to aforementioned teenage son, he said "Just think about it, you'll have the house to yourself and plenty of peace and quiet!".  

Late on Saturday night I had an unexpected email from Amazon telling me that the Tim Holtz Mixed Media #5 die set (the one with the roses) that I had ordered ages ago was finally being dispatched out and would arrive the next day.  So with both boys away doing other things I would have a few hours to myself to play with my new dies.

I had everything ready and waiting for my parcel to arrive and quite literally just as hubby left the house the delivery driver arrived with my dies.  When I was playing I realised that one of the dies in particular was lending itself to making a card that fits in with the Freshly Made Sketch for this week.  


OK, I know, I already have one in this week, but . . .  



 





It had to be Distress Ink - Fired Brick and Barn Door reds with some Mown Grass, Peeled Paint for the flowers and an added hint of Wild Honey on the butterfly.  

Of course I had to play with the other two dies as well.  For the other rose die, I used Wild Honey & Mustard Seed with the same two greens as before.



The more ornate die I kept simple by just using it with a matt metalic gold cardstock.












2 comments:

  1. These are all beautiful cards with beautiful die-cuts. I love the bold, gorgeous colors on the butterfly card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The bold colour came about by accident. I had spritz the background with water and had gone back later to add a little more colour but didn't realise the card was still quite damp in some places so the colours became more intense. A happy accident!

      Delete