Monday 9 May 2016

Butterflies


Yippee! The sun is bright, the skies are blue - it would appear that Spring really has sprung! Hard to believe that there was snow on the hills a week or so ago - some parts of Scotland were warmer than some parts of the Mediterranean!

Had my son out for some driving lessons at the weekend - didn't get off to a good start as when we got to the car rental company he suddenly remembered that he'd left his licence at home! Back in my car to get the paperwork from home and then back again - fortunately they let us get the hire car for the full 2 hours we had booked. I took him a bit further afield this time to a local industrial estate which has quiet roads on a Sunday and plenty of them to get a good bit of driving done instead of a lot of stops and starts on smaller roads - even went over our mileage allowance. He actually felt as though he was doing some "proper" driving - and managed to overcome his reluctance to get out of 2nd & finally got the car into 4th gear! He just needs to calm down a wee bit with his overenthusiastic steering technique. Once again, thank goodness for dual controls - he wanted to do some tree hugging!


This week's Freshly Made Sketches Sketch had me scratching my head a bit - probably because I left it to the last minute.


When we were out driving yesterday we saw butterflies just about everywhere we went so with that as a theme I decided on the Butterfly Floral Lattice from Kaisercraft.

I knew I wanted to use some distress inks in the background so decided to make my own background paper - several attempts with sprays later, I decided that using the ink pads and a blender tool may be a better, easier, idea. I have used graduated brown, green & pink colours down one side then sprayed it with some bleach solution and came up with this. 






































I wasn't too sure which sentiment I wanted to use, the sketch shows a sentiment going across the width of the card. I wanted something that didn't take away from the image so in the absence of any velum (I know I have some somewhere if only I could find it!) I decided on strands of twine across the card and a small sentiment that would fit into the white area.


I Used

Cardstock
A6 Card Blank - Anita
Smooth Uncoated White 300gsm - Fabiano

Stamps
Butterfly Floral Lattice - Kaisercraft
Love (from Flutterby set) -Debbie Moore 


Inks
Assorted Distress Ink Pads - Tim Holtz
Versafine Vintage Sepia - Tsukinenko










1 comment:

  1. Your background is gorgeous - those colors are just fabulous and the stamp over the top is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete