Thursday 10 March 2016

Nine Lives

One of my oldest friends, we've known each other since we were but teenagers, now spends a lot of her time looking after rescue cats and is always looking for ways of raising funds to care for both those she rescues and for others who also carry out the same work at home and abroad. As part of her fund raising efforts I've offered to make cards she could sell and so I have been looking for more cat-themed stamps etc that would be suitable.

One of the sets I finally decided on was the Penny Black T for Transparent "Nine Lives" (I've also got the "You're Retro" Set on order too) so here are the first three cards I've made using them.




I think these stamps lend themselves rather well to little stories. In this one we have a puss who seems rather pleased with their efforts at performing a handstand!






This one seems to have just come up with a great idea!



As soon as I saw these next stamps I knew exactly the words I wanted to use with them so out came one of my Dyan Reavely sets - it's a Christmas set but just seemed to fit the expressions of these cats to a T!












I used

Cardstock
Linen DL Card Blank - Hobbycraft
Kraft 6 x 6 Card Blank - Hobbycraft
Other card - PayPer Box

Stamps
Nine Lives - Penny Black T for Transparent
Christmas Words - Dyan Reavely

Inks
Vintage Sepia - Versafine
Various - Promarkers

No comments:

Post a Comment