Monday 19 September 2016

Who Let The Dogs Out? - Part 1

Finally, over a month after ordering them on pre-release, my Tim Holtz Crazy Dog stamps have arrived.  Seems to have been a bit of a mix up at the retailers.

Never mind they are here now and I've been having a play with those and my new A5 die cutting machine from the Aldi "So Crafty" range. Didn't know that Aldi did such a thing? Me neither but they do now and it's a rather nice piece of kit! It came with two A6 embossing folders and 11 small dies, 2 of which are shown in the photo below.  The machine takes all formats of dies. In the Facebook Groups I belong to there have been quite a few people who have purchased one.  So far, everyone has been really impressed by the quality of it.





Anyway, I digress, back to the "Crazy Dogs" - aren't they cute! Got a few ideas for them although only 3 finished cards are on here at the moment - more to follow!









I decided to try and fit one in the sketch for this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge


I decided to use the smallest of the dogs, not sure but it could be a dachshund I guess, and combine it with some stamps from the Crafty Impressions, Cathie Shuttleworth's "In the Dog House", set.  I think, perhaps, it's a rather loose interpretation of the sketch.






I Used

Cardstock
White 300 gsm Supersmooth - Fabriano
Colours - Crelando

Dies & Stamps
Tim Holtz Crazy Dogs - Stampers Anonymous
Barking Mad, "In the Dog House" Set - Crafty Impressions
Don't Tell Me, "I've Had Enough" Set - Lindsay Mason
Never Forget, "Smiles & Years" - Lindsay Mason



Here are the other two - not sure if they are meant to be a French Bulldog (or Pug perhaps) & a Bulldog or not:
















2 comments:

  1. Love all of these. That set is top on my wishlist! :) Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dogs are just adorable and you've reminded me I really need to get some ink on my set :) Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete