Monday 29 August 2016

New Baby!

After everything my friend's family have had to endure these last couple of months or so, there was finally some good news for them today. In the early hours of this morning, two weeks behind schedule, her nephew and his fiancée welcomed their new baby daughter, Luna, into the world.


When I got the news, I was busy working on the card I was making for this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge & it just so happened that I had decided to get my fingers out and get making a baby card! I knew time was running out and my previous ideas didn't quite work out the way I had planned so decided to have another attempt.


Originally I used a square of coloured card but after trying a couple of different options I changed my mind and decided to use a lacy die from one of the Tim Holtz Mixed Media Sets. The Stitched Ovals and the border strip are also from a Tim Holtz die set. The stork is from a Marianne Collectables Stork Dies and Clear Stamps Set.










What I Used

Cardstock
Ivory Linen Cardstock -  PayPer Box
Pink Linen Cardstock - Trimcraft


Dies
Tim Holtz Mixed Media Set #2 - Sizzix
Tim Holtz Stitched Ovals & Borders - Sizzix
Just a Note Alphabet by Jen Long - Sizzix

Ribbon & Buttons from my stash



Thank You

This "Thank You" card was made for my friend to give to the staff of the Acute Stroke Ward she spent several weeks.

I used Woodware's "Graffiti Thank You" stamp and coloured it with assorted Promarkers.





 I Used

Cardstock
White Cardstock - Fabriano Supersmooth 300gsm
Colours - American Crafts Summer Colours

Stamps

"Graffiti Thank You" - Woodware Clear Magic







1 comment:

  1. Sweet baby card! Love the die cuts! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete