Monday 2 May 2016

Lovely Day

Well it would be if the weather would make it's mind up what it wants to do! At least it's stopped snowing & hailstones. The sun is lovely when it's out, the inside of the car is like an oven, and I'm sure it would be quite warm outside if only the wind would go away! I've bought some border plants to bring a bit more colour into the garden, just need a break in the weather to have them planted out. 

My son starts study leave tomorrow, I do hope he remembers that the time off is for studying for exams and not for playing "Magic The Gathering" with his friends!

For this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge I, once again, couldn't quite make up my mind what to submit as I had made two different cards.






The first was made using freebie stamps and dies from the latest Crafter's Companion Inspirations magazine. The dies are intended for their new Diamond Press mini die machine but they work fine in my Sapphire. The hexagonal dies come in two versions, plain and stitched and the stamps are florals, bees and stitches so the choice seemed to be either a quilting theme or some busy bees.
I opted for the quilting. 

A sheet of card was stamped with a hexagonal stamp which has floral design & had Distress Inks dabbed on randomly for a multi colour fabric effect. The stamped images were then cut out using the stitched effect dies.









                                                                   
                      
I Used

Cardstock
300gsm Card Blank - Anita's
300gsm Smooth Card - Fabiano
Pearlised s/s Card - Create & Craft

Stamps & Dies
Crafter's Companion

Inks
Assorted - Distress Inks
Tuxedo Black - Memento



My other card uses a stamp from a set by Lindsay Mason and features a rather motley (or should that be muttley) crew of pooches.




                                          
They are a bunch of cuties, I think Jack was a wee bit jealous that they were getting more attention than him! In fact as I was colouring them in he jumped up behind me on my chair & sent my Promarker folders flying - pesky pup!

I decided the little poodle was a bit of a pampered princess so gave her a pink rinse. I used the colours in the bandana for the side panel and the sentiments came from a Simply Cards & Papercrafts magazine freebie set called "Furry Friends". 






I Used

Cardstock
300gsm Card Blank - Anita's
300gsm Smooth Card - Fabiano

Stamps
"Dogs 3" - Lindsay Mason, Personal Impressions
"Furry Friends" Sentiments - Simply Cards & Papercrafts

Inks
Tuxedo Black - Memento
Assorted - Promarkers

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards! Those doggies are just the cutest and I love the floral hexagons. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete