Monday 1 February 2016

A Belated Happy New Year

Ok, I know, it's February but I have been bereft of a laptop of late & Smart Phones aren't really designed for people with arthritic fingers to type blogs. My laptop problem is now sorted and I'm now able to get on with things again.
The weather here today is wild -  the wind is Blawin' a hooley while the rain is fair stoatin aff the grun!* Our wee Jack Russell is not happy with wet weather and it's as soon as he's out the door he's straight back in again - he's no daft!

The weather's been pretty wet and windy all year so far I just hope this is not a portent of the year to come!
*Translation: It's rather windy & it's raining so hard that it's bouncing off the ground.
This week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge is a fairly simple one which just
seemed to be ideal for one of my latest acquisitions - the All Occasions "That
Folder" embossing folder.

It originally a papercraft magazine freebie that I intended to get but by the time I went for a copy the magazine had sold out. A couple of weeks or so ago I was on the Craft Stash website (a company which supplies some of the freebie items to papercraft magazines) and they had released it on a special limited run and there was only 1 left . . .  hooray!
The folder is actually 6"x6" but for this card I trimmed it to fit an A6 (A2) blank.
  
The flower comes from a Craft Creations Creative Die "Floral" which was another magazine freebie, I hadn't used it before so thought would give it a try with this. It's a three die set and the largest of the flowers is a 3D die. I layered the components together and cut an extra leaf to create the embellishment. The sentiment comes from a Sizzix Thinlit stamp and die set and it was finished off with some fine glitter dotted across the central band of the embossed design. The glitter is another one of my bargain finds, it comes from a set consisting of NPW fine tip glue pen and five pots of glitter. I bought the set for the princely sum of 59p from Home Bargains, the identical set from Selfridges online costs £5.95!

CardStock
All Cardstock from Paper Mill
Embossing Folders Dies and Stamps
All Occasions "That Folder"
Craft Essentials Creative Dies - Floral
Sizzix Thinlits with Stamps - Fancy Labels #2
Inks
Versafine - Majestic Blue
Promarker - Indigo Blue
Etc
NPW Glue & Glitter Set
Bling from own stash 






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it,
    you happen to be a great author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will eventually come
    back down the road. I want to encourage you continue your great posts, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete