Thursday 13 August 2015

Time to Try Tim's Tags!

Whilst searching online for Tim Holtz products I kept coming across references to his 12 Tags projects so finally decided to investigate further.  I found the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015 and his tutorial for the August one and decided it was perhaps time to give it a try. So I can now answer one of his "Way with Words" stamps "When was the last time you did something for the very first time?" with "Today!".

 
I've decided that if you like to get messy whilst crafting then this sort of thing is made for you and, oh boy, did I get into a mess! Fun whilst I was making things but a pain to tidy up afterwards - I managed to get glue everywhere but fortunately was able to sort it out before hubby got back!
 
I don't have a lot of Tim Holtz products although I do have some Distress Ink pads, Bird Crazy Stamps & Dies and his "Way With Words" sentiments set so used those as a base to start with. As I don't have any tags I made one from some of my usual cardstock.

For his tag Tim used a series of word dies to cut into the top layer of his tag which was then backed by a printed page and another tag to hold it in place, as I didn't have any suitable word dies I decided to use some heart, star, arrows & flourish shapes instead - unfortunately the camera doesn't seem to be picking up the areas where these are.
 
Once the basic tag was made I took some pieces of a fine tulle netting and a piece of courser net from a bag of lemons and glued them into place before applying white gesso. Once the gesso had dried I used "Peacock Feathers", "Picked Raspberry" & "Mustard Seed" Distress Inks to add colour.  The sentiment "Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful" was stamped and embossed before being coloured with "Peeled Paint". The die cuts were coloured using the same inks as the background, the flourishes were over stamped in Tuxedo Black using a small ivy stamp.
 

 
 
 
The Bird was coloured with Promarkers and once all the die cuts were in place they were coated with pva glue.

When I ordered the Bird Stamps from Art From The Heart they arrived in a lovely little parcel of red tissue paper tied up with some twine which had a double heart charm attached to it so it I decided it was appropriate to use these on the Tag.

To finish it off I added some bling gems coloured with Promarkers to the die cut stars and some smaller gems added to the crown and arrow tips.
 








Cardstock:
PayPerBox - Ivory
 
Inks:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Letraset Promarkers
Memento - Tuxedo Black
 
Stamps & Dies:
Stamper's Anonymous - Tim Holtz Bird Crazy
Sizzix - Tim Holtz Bird Crazy
Sizzix - Hello Jillybean Soup












No comments:

Post a Comment