Thursday 20 August 2015

Marbles

It's hubby's Birthday today and even although I'd been planning on what cards to make, as usual I left it to the last minute to actually sit down and make them! I talked it over with our teenage son and it was decided that for his card it was to be Crazy Birds with one of Dyan Reaveley's amusing sentiments from her "Laugh Til You Leak" set. This is what I came up with:
 
 
   
 

I used the Tim Holtz "Splatters" layering stencil and Distress Inks to create the background and used my Brother Labeller to make the "Happy Birthday Dad". I used the matching Sizzix dies to cut out the birds and layered it onto the front of the card. The first half of the sentiment was added along with some coloured pearls to represent the . . .  as marbles!







 
 

 
Cardstock:
Image Super Smooth White
 
Stamps & Dies:
Dyan Reaveley - Laugh Til You Leak,

Tim Holtz Bird Crazy, Sizzix Thinlits Bird Crazy,
 
Inks:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks,
Memento - Tuxedo Black
Promarkers
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious,brilliant, I love this card! How did hubby react.....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately for our son & I with great, good, humour!

      Delete