Wednesday 8 July 2015

Naughty or Nice

I've had the Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamps for a wee while now but earlier today I took delivery of some Dyan Reaveley Dylusions stamps that I thought would go quite nicely with them. I'd been looking at these stamps for a while but finally bought some from "Art from the Heart".  I discovered them on their website at half price so managed to get two of her sets for the price of one! When I opened the package this afternoon I got a lovely surprise, the stamp sets were gift wrapped in red tissue paper and tied with twine which had a double heart charm attached to it - a lovely touch - I should have taken a photo!


This particular word stamp is from Dyan Reaveley's Christmas range but thought it was quite appropriate for this particular avian. I think the quiff looks like a question mark which, to me at least, makes it a rather thoughtful, yet quizzical looking bird !
 
 
 
 
 
I thought that the saying I had in mind for this bird, "Naughty or Nice", was one more suited to a feminine bird  than a masculine one.   So to turn the bird a bit more girly I added eyelids and some long lashes with a fine liner pen and finished her off with some blue eye shadow to complete the look. 

Personally, I think this flirtatious little bird has already made up her mind . . . naughty it is then!!!


Cardstock:
Image Supersmooth White
American Craft Summer Collection - Green
Crelando - Purple

Stamps:
Tim Holtz - Bird Crazy
Dyan Reaveley Dylusions - Christmas Words

Inks:
Memento Tuxedo Black
Letraset Promarkers
 

No comments:

Post a Comment