Tuesday 19 May 2015

It's Here!!!

My Birthday isn't for another week yet but hubby's pressie arrived today & I've been allowed to open it!
  
I've just unpacked it and taken a few photos to show how dinky it is in comparison to the Grand Calibur: 


 The Sapphire has two little drop down doors that act as platforms for the plates. From this view I think it looks as though it has a face that's crying out to be personalised. I wonder where I put that pack of googly eyes!
 
It's a pity that Spellbinders decided to change the colour of the plates for the sapphire.  

Whilst I get the reason for changing the colour of the embossing plate from pink to sapphire blue why on earth did they feel the need to change the Base & Cutting plate colours to the reverse of those of the GC - some folks (me) might get confused going from one to the other.
 
If you have a big enough handbag (it fits in my Kipling Defea very easily and with plenty room to spare) you could easily take this on the bus, train or plane and do some crafting on the move. It certainly would be handy to take on holiday in case of rainy days.
 

Handle has a "Sapphire" set into it!
I am now going to go and play with that "might come in handy" box of scrappy bits & bobs that that I have and and get to turning them into some die cuts with the set of appropriately sized dies that came with it. I have some small Lawn Fawn dies that will be just the right size for this and I shall sort through what dies I have and work out what will fit and mark them accordingly for future use.  I'm also going to try putting my Darice border embossing folders through it - I think I have a couple of small Sizzix ones as well that may also fit. Hopefully I shall have a card or two made using this ready to photograph soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment