Sunday 19 April 2015

Busy Wee Bee!

It was a bit last gasp but last night I thought that as it is our Wedding Anniversary (today) perhaps I'd better get a move on and get the card I'd been saying for the last month I was going to make for hubby finally made!

In the end it didn't come out in anyway shape or form as I'd planned over the weeks. I lost count of the chopping and changing I made - the original idea was, by now, long gone out the window! Anyway here is the card that greeted him this morning:


 
 
 
 Card Stock:
Black, Ivory Leather Effect and the Gold Pearlised cards all from PayPer Box
Patterned Card from Trimcraft 6x6" Serenity Pad
 
Dies:
Spellbinders Nestabilities Radiant Rectangles
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Arched Elegance
Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK w/Stamps - Hello, Jillibean Soup by Hampton Art

Stamps:
Sizzix Framelits Stamps - Hello, Jillibean Soup by Hampton Art

Ink:
Black from the 3 colour Ink Pad Tsukineko Brilliance Pad, Tiramisu
 
 

 
 
By the time I finished John's card I was on a roll and decided to make something else.
 
Earlier in the week, whilst out with my friend, we were looking in the window of a rather pricey Gift Shop which had opened recently. It was there we saw a couple of handmade cards for a new baby which were in a "onesie" shape. They were made in brown Kraft Card, which had been very roughly cut out (you could see lots of what looked like jagged scissor marks) and then stamped with a sentiment. I couldn't see a price on them but going by the rest of the prices in the shop, they were unlikely to be cheap! 
 
So at 0200hrs this morning, I decided to see if I could do better. I made up a template from a piece of UK A6 (US A2?) sized card using a ruler and a small circle die (it came from the free gift I received when I signed up to Tonic Gold). Once complete I used the template to trace around a tent folded A6 card and came up with this, the collar/bib was cut from a Spellbinders D-Lites Love Locket border die:
 
 




I'll have another try later to see if I can refine the design a bit more.


 Card Stock:
White Pearlised and Aqua Spotty card from PayPer Box
 
Dies
Spellbinders D-Lites Love Locket (cut down to form bib/collar)
Tonic Circle die (from their freebie Tonic Gold die) to form neck & leg holes.
 
Embellishment
Pearls tinted using Promarkers and the "Charming" sentiment came from my craft stash both originally came from Home Bargains.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment